So today I filed for unemployment.....Thursday I got called into a meeting with two other assistants with our Director and was told that due to low enrollment they had to lay some people off and cut other's hours. Because I was one of the last hired I was told that effective Monday's staffing schedule, I was temporarily laid off...temporarily until our numbers got back up...they couldn't tell me when that would happen, if that would happen and if it doesn't happen in 90 days then I'm officially done. But I just know...I'm not going back...As I watched the news on Friday, I listened to the stories of how some people think we're heading into a 2nd Depression, with companies suffering, the stock market crashing, and people getting laid off left and right. And now I'm among those numbers....strange....to think that one day you are going about your day, knowing what it is that you do, loving what it is that you do, and the next thing you know its ripped violently away from you without warning. I've been in a dazed state of emotions since Thursday afternoon, trying to make sense of everything. For the most part I've been breathing a huge sigh of relief. I was too busy, had too much on my plate, and knew if something didn't change soon then I would crash and burn. I was doing everything that was given to me, but was still so frustrated that I didn't' have the time to the things that I loved adequately. I probably told 5 people before Thursday expressing my desire to not have to work full time so I could just meet and talk with people all day..well I guess the Lord really does give you the desires of your heart:) And I know He knew how much I hated having to work at the awful hour of 730am.
Despite knowing that this change is from the Lord, and that my life is suddenly being redirected, I still am just plain sad. It's like I just broke up with someone, or one of my best friends just up and left my life. This job, my kids, the other people that I worked with were a huge part of my life and I invested so much time and energy into them....and to have it so suddenly taken away is a such a strange feeling of loss. I've gone through my range of emotions, sad, angry, depressed, happy, relieved, but now I mostly just feel sad. Its only been two days....and people keep asking me what I'm going to do now. Seriously?..I haven't had a moment to even think about it...but as for now, I'm just going to mourn my loss, file for unemployment, and trust that the Lord has something new and exciting he wants me to be a part of.
ps...call me..we'll do lunch...I have time now!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment