Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bubble Tea...

It's been awhile since I've written....have been super busy...was out of town for a bit...but mostly just have a had a lot going on in my mind that sometimes its hard to write it all out cuz it would just take too long.

I miss New York terribly. For those that knew me 2 years ago yes I know know this statement is truly amazing. God has brought me so far in my feelings towards a place that I never knew I could actually love despite the things that happened there some 12 years ago.....its truly remarkable...but yes I miss New York...a lot.
I mostly miss our favorite tea place..."Teariffic"..Mott St...Chinatown....lower East side.
We used to go at least once a week..buying mangos from the vendors in the street on our way up Canal...I miss that fabulous bubble tea concoction. It was better hot and since NY is cold...a whole teapot full of that yummy sweet liquid is the perfect thing for a troubled soul..a heart to heart convo..or just a plain fun time. There's something weirdly comforting to me to be the only white person in a place and not hear any English around me. It makes me feel at home..teariffic was that place....a place to feel comfortable and at home...a feeling I have yet to feel in Redding.....



3 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Sarah, I'm sorry you feel so "homesick", if that's even the right feeling. I love our friendship, and our talks that we have. You are an amazing woman, and you've taught me so much about who I am in the eyes of Christ. Thank you for the example you set for me. I hope that you know I'm here for you, anytime!!

Marie said...

You've been on my mind...probably b/c I was beside Teariffic last week and was not able to go in...it was a very very sad day. Not many people understand the greatness that is Bubble Tea. I'm glad you introduced it to me. I'm sad you are homesick...NY miss you too if it's any consolation:)

Jeff said...

Feeling "at home" seems almost impossible when "home" has been so many places. We hope and pray that you will be able to find that "home" again and the relationships that can be so hard to establish. We will be trying our best to do that as well - starting over for now. If you figure it out, let us know!