I've traded in harsh desert sun for the busyness of European city life, made softer by Parisian beauty and romance.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
The effects of crab and alcohol
Yesterday a group of us from the Stirring volunteered at the annual crabfeed to raise money for the women's shelter. Unbeknownst to me, this event is a much anticipated event and is ridiculously huge. There were 1200 people jammed in a warehouse, 200 volunteers, and more crab than you could ever imagine. Imagine a whole warehouse jammed with long tables and over a thousand people elbow to elbow smashing crab and stuffing it in their faces=crazy! For some reason the people in charge had a difficult time organizing all these volunteers, but in the end it was a success. Most of us had no clue what we were doing. In the beginning I was serving Margaritas, but by the end of the night I was trying to bus the crab shells off the table faster than these crazy people were eating them. By the end of the night, three wine bottles later, and stomachs full of crab meat, the people were hysterical! And they surpirsing still had room for cake-go figure. From 12-9 we worked away trying to apease these crab eating monsters....in the end I definetly met fun people on my team, at the tables, and thousands of dollars was raised for the Shasta County Women's Refuge...awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very awesome!! Sounds like alot of fun :)
Post a Comment