My neighbors (who live below me) got a dog a couple of months ago. It's a wolf/I can't remember. The neighbor kid told me as he was "walking" read: being dragged by it one day.
Dogs are dirty animals in this culture and most people here are deathly afraid of dogs. But dogs are also a status symbol. Walking a dog says, "look at me, I'm so western, I have money". I'm sure they think other things, but who knows.
Dogs as pets...it's a rare thing. Trust me.
So this dog. It lives outside my bedroom window. It's cute. It's name is Lorenzo. Said with an Arabic accent--it's kinda cute.
I'll tell you what's not cute: the fact that it HOWLS incessantly when the call to prayer goes off. As if that wasn't loud enough. Coupled with incessant howling and there's no peace for 10 minutes. You'd think Lorenzo would get used to it....it only happens 5 times a day every day of the week.
Yes, he's howling his sad, mournful howl as I type this.
Oh Lorenzo.....get. over. it.
No comments:
Post a Comment