Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eid Mabruuk

Its finally the end of Ramadan...joyous and glorious day! Eid Mabruuk!
I can go to my favorite Lebanese place anytime I want now..not just at 9:30 at night(which sort of put a damper on my dinner plans).

Arabic has sucked my mental capacity...the oppression of Ramadan has sucked my emotional capacity...hence why I haven't blogged in awhile.

I'm in a funk, but working my way out of it--due to low mental and emotional capacity it's taking a bit longer than usual.
Ramadan...relationships..missing my friends, my church, my community...being here...loving my new friends...thinking about the future..thinking about 2 weeks from now...yeah there's a lot on my mind.

I went hiking for a day and night up Wadi Manshalah and it's what I needed. One of my new found friends said something I needed to hear at the moment. And it was said with such faith, such goodness. We were looking at the stars..contemplating what one thinks of when we look at all those glorious stars. The stars made her think of when God brought Abraham out to look at the stars and promised him that he will have children numbered like the stars. "The stars remind me that God keeps his promises" I think I had forgotten that simple truth...especially in my funk, in my stress, in my brimming to capacity heart and mind.

Can't get any better than a night in the desert, overlooking the sunset over dead sea and mountains of Jerusalem.

No comments: