Monday, March 15, 2010

Love-not Nicholas Sparks Style


This blog is a random rambling of all the things on my mind and heart.

I've been reading Nicholas Sparks lately, because my dear friend Megan has been insistent that I read them because "they are soooooo goood". Uh-huh. Right. I've decided Nick(as I call him) hates love. Seriously? Can't he end a book well. Where someone for once doesn't die, gets sick, or where maybe the two people that love each other actually do end up together. Reading his books is like watching a train wreck. They aren't that great, but there you sit, crying, unable to put it down because you need to know what happens, even though you know its going to end awful. Currently reading The Last Song. Before I end up seeing the movie and envision Miley Cyrus while I'm reading it...ugh. Miley.

I'm currently up to 8 miles in my half-marathon training. Emily
and I ran the Hornback Trail on Saturday. Bad idea. Spiced up our run and gave us new surroundings, but still, bad idea. It was muddy, rocky, mostly uphill-both ways!, and didn't really help my need for a pace. I didn't have one the whole time because I had to maneuver over rocky terrain. But ran it well I think. Only 5 more to go!!! Amazing. Training for this has been great. One, it's been so great to do this with Emily-bonding over body-aches:) And two-it's built up my mental and spiritual discipline. Running for and hour and half, provides amazing times to think and pray.

I've been thinking about last year a lot. Because this year is so different. There are some nights where I fall asleep with my heart overflowing with joy, and all I can do it see the Lords fulfilled promises in that. And when I compare it to where my heart was last year, this joy is a complete miracle. The Lord is good.

I have about two months left in Redding. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. I love my church. I love the people here. I love being able to worship, being able to fellowship with people of like minds and hearts in such an open free environment. I will miss it greatly. And my biggest fear is that when I return, people won't remember me or know who I am, but I guess that is to be expected to some degree. Being an extension of a community is not the same as being physically there every single day. Moving doesn't put a stop to relationships, it just changes them. And that is OK, it's hard, but its OK.

Everyday I'm packing and sorting a bit more of my stuff. I wish I could just load it up and take it to my parents home. Or keep it all the way it was, but I have to get rid of everything somehow. Its so hard. I get overwhelmed a lot. Moving is hard, but I guess worth it. I fluctuate on this depending on the day.

These next couple of weeks are going to be intense for a couple of different reasons. I'm a bit anxious about them, but exciting to see what the Lord is going to do. More complete freedom is around the corner. It's good.

So that's all for now on my ramblings. If you'd like to borrow an evil Nick book, buy my stuff, or go for a run let me know!

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Sarah, you crack me up! I love it!!!! I refuse to read Nicholas Sparks for that, among other reasons. The last movie I saw of his, Nights in Rodanthe or something... it made me cringe and want to throw up... and I think Richard Gere is a good looking man!

So impressed with your halfsie training. When's the big day? I want to do that, but I'm afraid it will blow my knee out once and for all. Maybe some day.

Enjoy the next two months - they are going to FLY!!!!!

Diana said...

We will have to go for a run while you are here and you can kick my butt!! I'm excited to see you soon!!!!!