Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Conflict


So I'm halfway through a graduate class I'm auditing this whole week. Everyday. All day. I love it! I miss being a student and this is the best deal. Learning everything without the stress and pressure of having to do all the work. The class is Comparative Models of Mediation--basically different models of conflict resolution, how they pertain in different situations, and how mediation and conflict resolution are applied to social justice issues. It's pretty much amazing. My head hurts from all the information I've processed through my brain--I forget that incredible sleep deprived, too much to process, student haze that I used to exist in for so long.

Everyone in this world should take this class. Seriously. Especially those who work in the church or international organizations. Conflict. I can't think of too many people who actually enjoy conflict, let alone can handle it well. So much of what I'm learning can be applied to everyday, it's so practical and so needed.

Such an amazing opportunity I have this week. So grateful. So fun!:) Now I must go to sleep...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha, what an interesting class. Kinda makes you wish you took this a year ago eh?

Come on people, you know who you are.