I was in Ohio last weekend where my dear friend Molly got married. I won't share the whole story but she found a man who loves China as much as her and that alone is a miracle.
I remember 2 years ago....Molly and I would drive down to Chinatown to our favorite bubble tea place to get a break from school. We'd sit for hours talking about life...but it was driving back up from the city that we'd have the best conversations. Usually they'd take a turn by the time we got the George Washington Bridge. We'd talk about our singleness a lot. Because being 19 and single is sooooo very different than being 26 and single. Loving it, hating it. Realizing that when we graduate we'd be facing the hardships of ministry alone. When you're an educated, independent woman in the world of men, it can get a little dicey. I remember both of us wondering how in the world we'd get married, each with our own hurtful pasts. I remember saying, or maybe it was Molly who said it, either way we both agreed....that somewhere, somehow there was a guy who the Lord would use to redeem our pasts and hurt...who would be perfect for what we each needed.
...and so weddings like these are amazing. Because the Lord's moving is so evident. To journey with someone through the struggles and joys of singleness, and to watch a marriage so full of the Lord's timing is truly a remarkable thing.
Congratulations Molly!! Love you so much!
Next wedding: End of November...with an even more remarkable story!
2 comments:
What a cool story. So glad you got to be there for her wedding.
On a different note- loving the blue shirt you're wearing.
you are amazing. And I agree. There are definitely two different kinds of weddings. :) I am so blessed to have you in my life Sarah.
Love you!
Post a Comment