I looked at a calendar the other day and pretty much freaked out. Not a lot of time to do ALOT of things. Realized one thing..I have a lot of things I need to think about and there are a lot of things taking up my emotional space right now that have just got to go...that don't deserve all that time and energy. Mostly it was the Lord really really asking me to trust him completely with some stuff that I was still fighting for...lovely...but now that that's all squared away and done...I have space to think about the things that actually really matter! Seriously..it's ridiculous what a huge difference it makes when you actually really hand stuff over(yeah not so good at that trusting thing sometimes). All that to say, on Thursday I came down with crazy sore throat, my weekend trip to San Jose was cancelled...which was actually a good thing for many reasons....and I was tired..emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
So took a bit of a personal hiatus..at the Kluttz Spa and Resort..:). Where I got taken care of, was given ice cream for my sore throat, watched movies, drank coffee and sat in silence for hours, and got my much needed rest.
It was was one of those crazy times where the Lord shows you all the events that just happened and how he worked them to get me right where I was. It was where he needed me that weekend, and it was right where I needed to be. It's amazing how much can happen when we give Him just a little bit of space.
So in the next 2 1/2 weeks I have to:
go get those dang bookshelves(done--one thing of list!)
pack for a my trip to the Midwest
fly to Minnesota(without my usual flying drama)
visit and spend quality time with grandparents and relatives
wedding(seriously? how many can we jam into a summer)
fly back to CA
say good-bye to friends:(
attend 3 days of counseling training
pack for Thailand
pack up my entire apartment
move apartments(wouldn't be my life if I didn't live in at least 3 different houses in the same city)
semi-set up my new apartment(yeah not going to happen)
hope that I didn't loose anything in the move that I need for my 3 week trip to Thailand
Leave for Thailand!
And then there's just the normal day to day of my life that's gotta fit in there somewhere as well....
But I'm ready..bring it on!
1 comment:
Good luck on all of this! And if your new apartment still needs some love in early September, I'd be happy to help!
Post a Comment