Monday, May 11, 2009

Full

I feel like these next blogs might be kinda random and all over the place. My head and my heart are just packed full of stuff and I don't even know where to start. This last week has been ridiculous..full of blog worthy events...full of God doing amazing things...and just full. My heart is full. Full of love, thankfulness, joy, PEACE, rest, and just plain goodness.


My sister graduated from college last Sunday. I'm so proud of her...what an accomplishment. She on the other hand is quite proud of those yellow cords. She fought hard for those..not just academically...many battles and a letter to the annoying registrars office..and they finally let her actually wear them on her big day. I guess that's what you get for being a weird major:)..and taking classes at a different school....way to fight the dumb "rules" Jenny!!!

Oh and way to graduate without an engagement ring....now that is an accomplishment:)...I'm so proud..I taught you well..

She's leaving for South Africa in July on a DTS...again so proud!!! Way to go out and live life to its fullest...it's really the only way:)

My mom on the hand celebrated Mother's Day this Sunday:) Mother's Day used to be her nap day. Three crazy girls...she deserved it at least one day a year. I love my mom. I think in the beginning the things I used to want to do made her nervous...but she always supported them. Moving to California after high school, moving to Thailand after college, putting up with my stress during grad school, supporting me in all my other travels, desires, dreams, and struggles. She's been my biggest prayer warrior, my biggest fan, my biggest supporter. Plus she can c
ook with the best of them(from scratch) and taught me to sew-she used to sew her own clothes.
She's taught me a lot more than just cooking and sewing. She's taught me how to be in a strong, independant, educated, woman of God. She's never pressured me to get married or live life conventionally. She herself took time with life too..and ended up marrying a great man...and doing some great things. She's taught me the importance of working...and that doing school and working full-time is possible...she got her Masters doing this..and so did I:) My mom has put up with a lot because of me....and so right now I just want to thank her for doing that...and being such an amazing mom. Love ya mom.
Ok so now that my sister and mother are officially embarrassed I will go now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe you have a good mommy! So many moms pressure their girls to get married, I am so glad your mom doesn't. It's a refreshing thing to hear.

Yeah Jenny for fighting that battle for your chords- sometimes it's the little battles that make the biggest difference.

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes. I love you precious daughter. My prayer for you continues to be "listen to God's voice always" and "walk in truth". Glad we had that Starbucks time last week. Love, mom

Jen said...

why thank you... i did work hard for those. and you forgot to mention that my weird major also includes pulling an all nighter the night of graduation to finish a project.. I AM SOOOOO DONE WITH SCHOOL. LOVE YOU!!