Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Story


Thursdays...I love Thursdays..because Thursdays are my spill it days....my processing days..Thursday are days I'm reminded how blessed I am..and how truly thankful I am for the people He's brought into my life.


Everybody has a story...a handful of people know my story..the whole story..and every time I tell it..yes, it's painful still, yes, I cry(what a surprise)..but every time I tell it I can't help but see God's hand on my life. It's what I see when anyone tells me their story. I love hearing people's stories...it's my favorite thing about a person. To hear the journey they've been on, the pain they've felt, the victories they've had, the joys they've experienced. I'm still on my journey...I'm still learning to walk in truth...still fighting the old while being made new...still learning what it looks like to live a life with Jesus...


I got to talking about some of my story today. And it reminded me of how amazingly good God is. How he takes awful situations and turns them for good. How he orchestrates people, events, and things in our lives to draw us to him, to bring us into healing, to bring freedom into our lives. I've been reading John 15 over and over lately, truly thankful for the pruning He's done in my life as painful as it is....and so my thankfulness continues as I reflect back further than this last year.


People's stories. I love hearing them, I love telling my own, because at the end one thing happens..the only thing that matters...God gets the glory. Our life, our healing, our freedom, and everything that is our story only exists because of Him and His glory.

mmmm God is so flippin good!


..that's all....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog was one of my favorites! Our stories are where we find Kingdom authority and power to speak into other lives. (I finally got a google acct) love you