
There have been a few significant times in my life where words have been spoken over me, prayers have been prayed, and my life has been forever changed. I would not be the person I am today if these people had not chosen to be obedient and listen to the Lord. There's something so powerful when someone you know and trust speaks life into you, maybe even speaks the same words the Lord himself gave you. But when they say it, when they declare it with you, it's life changing.
I remember at one of the many retreats I went on at Simpson, of course to Perry's cabin, and was prayed for, called out in my calling, called out for my future. The Lord has yet to fulfill much of what was called out in me in that time, but I know he doesn't forget his promises, and fulfills all his purposes. The Lord has spoken so many great things over me in that "upper room"...I owe much to that place:)
I remember when one of my grad school professors looked me straight in the eye and told me I was going to do something significant for His Kingdom. Told me that Lord was going to use me in amazing ways to bring freedom to people, to change the world. That I had a huge calling on my life. I believed him and it freaked me out.
I remember when I was told that I was a leader, a strong leader. When people came alongside me, encouraging, strengthening, speaking leadership into me.
It's times like these that change a person. Because maybe in my head I knew all this, or maybe the Lord had told me all this stuff Himself, but there's something so significant when you're called out on it. When someone else recognizes what the Lord is doing in you, calls it out, and declares victory in it, encouraging you to step out in it. It's life changing.
We had our last life group last night and it was seriously amazing. Derrick, Matt, and Kendell..three people that have spoken into my life off and on for almost 8 years now. And they spoke into my life again last night. As words of affirmation, comfort, peace, and joy were prayed over me, tears streamed down my face. I cry so much I know the difference in my tears...these were tears of the Lord. When the Holy Spirit moves, when the Lord speaks, these tears fall. Truths about my giftings were spoken and I realized that I knew all along these truths, I just needed to believe them.
This last semester the Lord has been teaching me so much of what it means to be 100% filled by him. To have him be the supply for my gifts, my ministry, my life. The Lord gave me one of my life verses to read before they called me up. Deuteronomy 8:2-3. All this in preparation for what was said to me by these three obedient people. Because the gift he's given me is absolutely impossible to use if I'm not 100% filled by him. I've been praying for joy, and last night He showed me I already had joy. I bring joy to people, that my gentle spirit combined with my joy is used to speak into people's life in very unique and significant ways.
Oh man..there's so much more...impartations, mantles passed, truth spoken...but this blog is long enough...and I still haven't totally processed everything else out. But it's a new season and this is just the start of it.
Thank you, Derrick, Matt, and Kendell...thank you for being obedient..thank you for listening to the Lord...and thank you for coming alongside me these last few months, listening to me, coaching me, and ultimately pointing me back to the Lord.
1 comment:
sometimes i don't think people know that what they say changes your life sometimes, don't you feel somewhat insignificant sometimes though because God choose you specifically to speak to at that time and what do we do to deserve that? I guess Easter always emphasizes that humbling fact that when we were still sinners he does amazing things!
Post a Comment