Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful

So in honor of Thanksgiving(and Meghan who is making me write this) I started thinking of what I'm thankful for this month...so here it goes:


1. A large hot mug of coffee tinted the perfect brown color with yummy vanilla caramel creamer.

2. Calm, quiet mornings that give me an opportunity to wake up slowly and enjoy this coffee.


3. My car..even though Emily claims its a Mary Kay car....I happen to like the color a lot!..which is a pretty brown by the way. I feel my car and I have made good improvements on our bonding this month..we're getting closer.


4. Burrito Bandito Fridays with Meghan! I'm so thankful for this friendship and the great conversations we have over our bottle of Tapatio:) And now that I'm not on a time crunch its even better!



5. My unemployment checks..they help me pay my rent.

6. The amazing women in my lifegroups! You girls are amazing! Watching you grow together, pray together, struggle through things together! The Lord continues to blow me away with how he's working in you and I'm always so blessed when the night is through. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.


7. The girl's house. Thank you Emily, Danielle, and Rachel for opening up your home to me and treating me like the 4th roommate that I am:). You guys are amazing friends....letting me curl up on my comfy chair as you make me my rasberry tea have gotten me through many hard days. I always feel so loved...:)....p.s. I hope you do put up Christmas lights this year..I mean the whole block is doing it!-hahaha

8. For being in Redding...(yes this is a hard one but when it comes down to it..yes, I'm thankful for it). I love the mountains, the sunsets, the sky, the warm weather, my amazing church, and the amazing people that I've gotten know that live here. How do I even list them all without leaving anyone out(if i've had at least one good conversation with you , prayed with you, or have given you at least two hugs then count yourself on this list)I love you all!


9. The crazy hard place that the Lord has me in right now. Trust, Faith, Hope, Love, Thankfulness, Praise, Joy.....just a little of what I'm learning:)

5 comments:

Meghan said...

yay for thankfulness and tapatio! you definitely are the highlight of my every other Fridays! love you!

i laughed about the mary kay thing. hysterical. i'm still laughing out loud in the office. all by myself.

Emily Branca said...

SEE Meg even thinks your car is a Mary Kay car... YES!

And on a serious note, Jenna gets a number, Meghan gets a number, MY HOUSE GETS A NUMBER, but not me... maybe you're about to write a blog ALL ABOUT how thankful you are just for me... hmm.. doubtful

:) only joking friend. i love you.

Sarah said...

whatever Emily...just cuz she's laughing does not mean that she thinks it is!
YOU are what makes your house get a nummber!! I wouldn't be over there if it wasn't for you....and maybe even Rocky!(well at least to help him escape out the door...haha
love you!

Emily Branca said...

oh, you secretly LOVE rocky... and he loves you back. he will miss you this thanksgiving, and christmas.. he'll be crying over his cat food... big tears... poor little guy...

Jenna said...

i've read a lot of other "thankful" lists...and mine is pretty shallow in comparison...
yours, of course, make me blush.
i am also very honored....

i don't know what to say...

except :) thank you. i'm SO thankful for you too!!!!