This has been one of those weeks when I realize why it is that I'm on this earth and what it is that I'm living for. Over the last three weeks the Lord has given me fresh perspective and I'm thankful for that. This week was awesome yet nothing super extraordinary happened.My kids were even crazier than usual, but I had extra amounts of love for them. I love my kids. I love the fact that I'm taking a part of raising them, teaching them about life, teaching them new words like cocoon and chrysalis...you'd be surprised what kids can retain at the age of 2:) I especially love the relationships I have with some of the parents. I don't get to spend a lot of time with them, but in some ways I've become a part of their family. Each of my kid's families has its own quirks, tensions, and routines. It's fascinating to be a part of...to be a part of their struggles and joys.
I didn't ask the Lord for my sensitivity..for my tears..for my emotions, but he made me a burden bearer and this is a blessing and a curse. Over the last 3 years I have learned so much about this gift and what it means in my life and how it relates to my other gifts. The intensity of how I feel other's pain is indescribable, but its something I'm thankful for...because I truly know how they feel. To sit and cry with someone is one of the greatest privileges because its how I was created. And this week I got to cry with a women I work with who doesn't know how long her marriage is going to last. It's awful to hear things like that...to sit and listen to the hurt..and know that there is no quick fix to the problem..but that the only person that can fix things like that is Jesus. And I sit there with tears in my eyes thinking...yes..this is why I'm on this earth...to give this burden over to the Lord...to somehow offer His hope to a broken world...because it's not about me and what I do...it's about Him and His love for those that are hurting.
1 comment:
I cannot tell you how much I relate on this topic. I feel that when I meet somebody who is hurting, I hurt with them. I feel their pain. I cry their tears. Like you said, I never asked for this sensitivity, and some look at it as a weakness, but I'm finally starting to see the importance in it. My heart often breaks for people I hardly know. Thank you for sharing this with all of us, especially me. For a while I felt that I was alone in this ability to weep and hurt for others, but now I know it isn't just me.
Post a Comment