Wednesday, April 30, 2008

B&E

Breaking and Entering....a wonderful Wednesday night activity.
I've done my share of breaking into places...an easy thing to get caught up in when you forget your keys. Most of my breaking and entering has occured through windows that I've jimmied open or back doors that someone forgot about, but I have on occasion used that famous credit card trick.
Although...on Alias...I love Alias...and other cool spy shows..they have that cool lock pick action going on....but the really cool spies...they use credit cards..
My friend and I were hanging out and we get the call...."I'm locked out of my house"...classic story.
Apparently this unfortunate friend forgot her keys inside, her daughter also left her copy inside, and those holding the extras are not in town. The credit card is all that's left....she had been trying for over 20 minutes before she called...my other friend tried for another 10. Meanwhile all the neighbors are inside laughing..maybe because we borrowed a butter knife?
Finally I decided to help them out...it's really not that hard. Get down to eye level, slide the card in, slide it up, turn the doorknob and push. Whalah! 30 seconds.
I suppose there really was no breaking involved.....I'm just glad the kids get to sleep in their beds tonight and not their car:) Don't underestimate the power of a credit card....

No comments: